FOCUSING ON QUALITY OVER QUANTITY
Breeding for the Betterment of the Breed without mass Production.
We are not a hatchery and do not offer other breeds of chickens other then QUALITY nicely laced Blues, Blacks, and Splash Jersey Giants
A rare moment to capture an almost posed trio of our nicely laced Blue Jersey Giants flying up on the fence. They are very majestic looking!
Photo taken by Maria Hall 9-11-13.
If all goes well we expect chicks starting APRIL till JUNE. All orders will be filled in the order received. Last year we started hatching FEB. 10, 2013. Our winter in Indiana has been colder than usual so therefore hatches will start later!:)
PAYPAL BUTTONSARE NOW UP FOR THE PURCHASE OF PREPAID BABY JERSEY GIANT CHICKS, HATCHING EGGS. COCKERELS AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE AS WELL.
SHIPMENTS CAN ONLY BE MADE IF 35 TO 85 DEGREES. CHECK OUR WEATHER AT http://www.weather.com/ and enter in our zip code area 47126.
SCROLL DOWN TO SEE PHOTOS, PRICE DETAILS, SHIPPING POLICIES, QUESTIONAIRE, ETC.
IMPORTANT information on COPYRIGHTS and purchasing from other breeders is at the very bottom of this page............
1) Birds will not be shipped unless they are paid in full. The payment includes the cost of the birds plus a poultry box and//or boxes required for the shipment. In order to do a COD, we have to pay up front actual shipping costs and COD fee.
2) When you go to the P.O. to pick up your birds you will bring CASH to the post office to pay for actual shipping costs. We do not add in any other fees period nor make any additional money by doing a COD. The post office will issue an US Postal Money Order to reimburse me for actual shipping costs only. Different states and/or areas cost more than other states and without knowing the weight of the birds and keeping up with postal rates we choose not to try to estimate costs so this is the reason why we do COD's and you pay actual shipping costs.
3) Our price list is subject to change in price & availability.
4) If you have purchased a pet bird DON'T expect a show bird.
5) If you want to possibly show and/or breed it is best to pay the extra cost to receive a show potential bird. Keep in mind that we no longer take pre-payment on show birds. One will need to check on availability of show birds.
6) If your birds do NOT arrive at the time and day that is promised by Express mail , please note that as of 2/13/13 WE NO LONGER will take our time to go to the post office to collect Express mail refunds for customers. A LIVE shipment can take an extra day as in some cases the birds have to be trucked before going through an airline so therefore it ends up being 2 days verses a 1 day delivery. PLEASE NOTE: We are upright and honest and have NEVER and will NEVER collect Express mail monies for the purpose to benefit ourselves. Thank you for your understanding!
7) As of 7/11/12 we no longer grow out show bird orders at 6-12 weeks. It is our opinion that show potential birds should be 3-6 months of age. We will however maintain a waiting list for show potential birds and/or you can call or email to ask for the availability of show quality birds.
8) On an extremely rare occurence there are poultry losses with shipments. It is VERY important that your poultry shipment box is opened up in the presence of postal workers so that any losses can be documented and post marked in order to receive possible replacements and/or refund. No exceptions.
9) If the customer and myself (Maria's Jersey Giants) agree at the time of loss that there will be a reimbursement by sending replacements then Maria's Jersey Giants will make every effort to fill the order. Otherwise there will be no refund of monies to buyer. If the buyer receives replacement birds then the buyer agrees to pay for the poultry box and will also pay the post office in cash to cover actual COD Express mail charges. If the breeder (Maria Hall) finds it difficult to fill the order for any reason then she will make every effort to refund all monies paid out.
10) To avoid any possible miscommunications we wish to deal directly with the individual whom is purchasing birds and/or hatching eggs. (no second or third parties please)
11). We can not include shipping costs when purchasing birds and poultry boxes. We can give you an estimate for shipping based on other shipments. A COD is required on all poultry shipments. This means that I pay for the cost of shipping up front and when the poultry arrives to your post office you provide cash to the P.O. and they will issue a postal money order in the actual amount of shipping costs. No other fees are added period since the birds and boxes are paid up front.
12). You will be notified in advance letting you know when to expect your chicks, started birds, and/or adults. If I am ready to ship out and you are not ready to receive them then this might mean you could be placed further down the line for a future order.
13). We will make every effort to fill your order , but will no longer give refunds where you just decide to change your mind. Please know what you want before you pay. If you change your mind about birds you will be given the option for me to select a child to donate your birds for 4-H or you can select a friend whom will receive the chicks.
14) If circumstances arise where we are not able to fill your order than you will be issued a FULL refund.
15) Without a deposit or full payment we can not hold birds.
16) If you are not able to receive birds at a selected date the cost of the birds are subject to increase due to birds being kept longer and therefore food consumption increases as well. Please be aware that with the increase in size of birds you might have to purchase a larger box. Please visit our price list for further details.
17) NO SHOW/BREEDER ORDERS ARE BEING TAKEN AT THIS TIME, We will maintain a waiting list , AND when Available these birds will be PICKED UP ONLY. Pet orders will be shipped. Every breeder has established their own standards. I believe my standards are very high as Quality is important to me and my reputation is important as well. Show birds are an investment.
18) When I say I have show quality birds up for sale.........they are show quality in my opinion otherwise they would not be sold to you. As with any birds needing to be picked up.......It is your responsibility to contact me for directions and set up an appointment to come and get your birds within (7) days of notification. If not picked up ASAP they are subject to being sold to somebody else and/or will be released back into the flock. By taking a bird from the flock and caging it for an extensive amount of time gets the bird out of routines such as going in and out of the chicken house. You are also preventing the bird from being used in my breeeding program . Plus the bird no longer has its freedom:(
19) Please DO NOT ask to swap Jersey Giant eggs with me in exchange for some of mine. I am fully satisfied with my bloodlines and of the (2) times I have swapped eggs over the years has proven unproductive for myself with the other person getting a great hatch from my eggs and myself getting only 1 chick to hatch or none. I am extremely picky the way eggs are packed and handled during the egg collection. What you feed a bird has a lot to do with how healthy the chicks are and what comes into play is also is the quality of the shell. A porous or see through egg with thin spots in most all cases does not hatch. A thin shell also allows bacteria to get through the egg.
Copyright 2014- NO PHOTOS AND/OR ANY PART OF THIS WEBSITE ARE TO BE USED AND/OR QUOTED NOR IS THE NAME MARIA HALL AND/OR MARIA'S JERSEY GIANTS ARE TO BE MENTIONED WHILE IN THE SELLING OF BIRDS AND/OR HATCHING EGGS THROUGH FORUMS, ADS, AND/OR AUCTIONS. My reputation is most important and Maria's Jersey Giants has NO control of the future breeding programs set forth by past customers nor do we have anything to do with the type of business that is conducted whether it be ethical or unethical. UNLESS WE KNOW YOU VERY WELL AND THERE IS TRUST ESTABLISHED WITH YOUR BREEDING PROGRAM WE WILL ABSOLUTELY NOT SWAP BIRDS AND/OR EGGS. THERE IS TOO MUCH JUNK BEING PRODUCED OUT THERE AND WE DO NOT WANT ANY PART OF IT. TOO MANY PEOPLE OUT THERE SAY THEY HAVE SO AND SO'S BIRDS AND LET ME JUST SAY IT IS NOT THE SAME UNLESS YOU PURCHASE DIRECTLY FROM THE SOURCE ITSELF !!!!! WHILE A BREEDER USES THE APA STANDARDS AS AN AIDE IN SELECTION OF FUTURE BREEDERS .........EACH OF US AS BREEDERS ESTABLISH OUR OWN STANDARDS........AS WE KNOW SOME BREEDERS HAVE HIGHER STANDARDS THEN OTHERS. This is what establishes the quality produced by good breeders and the qualities of those that have lower standards producing QUANTITY OVER QUALITY and by producing numerous types of breeds. We breed only QUALITY splash, blacks, and blue Jersey Giants with exceptionally nice lacing! Please note that our baby chicks come from quality BREEDER AND APA Quality birds, however with this being said we can not guarantee "Show" birds. Expect to have possible pet, breeder, and our APA show bird types just as the case if you are raising any other species. Some birds will turn out nicer than others.
NO OTHER BREEDS RAISED HERE.
Honesty is always the best policy!
Maria's Jersey Giants.
All rights reserved.